Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Behind The Scenes Horror Fun

Elvira and Clones
 In honor of Halloween, (and I was slacking on this blog this week, and didn't have anything prepared), I thought I would share some behind the scenes horror themed photos I've taken while working on various gigs over the years. The Photo on the left was shot in 2007 during shooting of "Who Want's to be the Next Elvira". The photo was shot in a ballroom on the Queen Mary in Long Beach after a long day of shooting. The photo Features Elvira: aka Cassandra Peterson  (in the center) and two "Elvira Impersonators" on either side.
Easter Bunny Kill Kill behind the scenes

Easter Bunny Kill Kill behind the scenes
David Stamp: Someone's Knocking at the Door
 Although this is Halloween, I thought these next two pictures from the shooting of Chad Ferrin's "Easter Bunny, Kill! Kill! " would be appropriate to share. This photograph on the right, shows the death of David Stamp's character Ray. Also in the photo, you see Cinematographer Giuseppe Assaro (holding the camera), and A.D. Rachel Sever. In the background, you can see the leg of Wolf Dangler. This movie was shot in 2006 mostly in a small house in Hollywood, and a few other local locations.
One of those locations was the small store we shot the opening scene in. The photo below was from that days shoot. In it, you see Timothy Muskatell (In the mask). Behind him you can see Trent Haaga, and on the right is my good friend Key Grip Greg Ewing (who is no longer with us).
These last two pictures are from the shooting of Chad Ferrin's Someone's Knocking at the Door . I did a more in depth post about that shoot here, but I didn't add these behind the scenes photos. The first photograph is of actor David Stamp undergoing his make-up transformation before shooting his scene with actress Andrea Rueda. (Make-up Effect by Tom Devlin's 1313fx. The majority of this film was shot at the derilict Linda Vista Hospital in Los Angeles. There are many stories of that hospital being haunted, I have heard them from many a crew member, and saw some of it with my own eyes.
The last photo is from Trent Haaga's death scene. As you can see, he is checking out a shot of the same thing on his cell phone.
Trent Haaga: Someone's Knocking at The Door
* Check out my other blog for some real cool vintage halloween photos
view my website daviddefino.com
buy my prints at Deviant Art
buy accessories with my photos
follow me on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment